Social Library, Volume 149
Up next in our Social Library series we're highlighting five libraries for their Facebook posts which feature creative library programming, volunteer recognition and a very special 3D Baby Yoda. If you'd like to see your library featured in an upcoming edition of the Social Library, let us know via email@example.com or find us on Facebook.
- Huntsville Madison County Public Library in Alabama shared a photo of a 3-D Baby Yoda created in the library's makerspace. We've seen so many other Baby Yoda's created at libraries, we decided it was time to showcase! "Baby Yoda really wants you to get a library card! (He was made at the Madison Studio)! To learn more, visit hmcpl.org/thestudio."
- Capital Area District Libraries in Michigan shares wonderful Profiles of a Friend on Facebook. In two posts, we meet Charlotte and Isabelle from Friends of the Mason Library. "Charlotte has been a member of the Mason Friends for seven years. Her son suggested she join since she is an avid reader, mainly enjoying mysteries and historical fiction. Since then, she’s served as a board member and board secretary, and assisted at many book sales and library events. Her smile and great cookies always light up the room. We’re grateful for Friends like Charlotte." "Isabelle has been a Friend for over 17 years. She’s always been a strong advocate of reading across all ages, with her favorite genres being non-fiction and mystery. Her organization skills were key when she was a genealogy librarian, and today are incredibly helpful for keeping the Mason Bookstore in order. Isabelle, thank you for all that you do! Interested in becoming a friend?" What a fantastic way to recognize friends of the library and we love to see the link to information about becoming a Friend.
- Estherville Public Library in Iowa shared an album of photos from their successful Tinker Tuesday-Pringles Ring Challenge. "Youth worked together to engineer a circle of Pringles with steady hands, persistence, and patience. Cheese flavor was the easiest to work with due to their extra powder. Lays chips were also tried but were unsuccessful due to their difference in shape." Tinker Tuesdays are held monthly for Kindergarten-6th graders.
- Kettering Library in the United Kingdom hosts a monthly Hola' Spanish Group for Under 5's. A volunteer leads the 30-minute session for preschool children and their parents or caregivers.
- Rapid City Public Library in South Dakota celebrated National Clean Off Your Desk Day with an entertaining 30-second video that wraps with a selection of books perfect for the topic. "It's National Clean Off Your Desk Day and we've got books that can help you with that!"