What Would Walt Do?: Quality Customer Service for Libraries
This webinar shares how libraries in Colorado are integrating what they learned at the Disney Institute on Quality Service to improve customer service for patrons.
This event has passed.
Looking for some magic to improve customer service in your library? The Disney Institute on Quality Service has set high standards for creating a quality customer experience and their ideas can be applied at your library. Our panel of Colorado librarians attended the Disney Institute Quality Service preconference sponsored by ALA's LearnRT at the annual conference in Anaheim in 2012. Since then, they’ve been waving their magic wands to improve customer service in Colorado libraries and they’d like to share their discoveries with you. Learn how to define quality service, set a common purpose for all library staff, and better understand your customers. You’ll walk away with ideas to make your library’s customer service sparkle.
This WebJunction webinar is presented in collaboration with ALA's LearnRT. Did you attend the Disney Institute? Join this conversation and share your ideas and successes.
Presented by: Crystal Schimpf, Program Manager, Community Technology Network; Elena Rosenfeld, Associate Director of Public Service, High Plains Library District; and Suzanne McGowan, Branch Manager, Anythink Wright Farms.
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (You will be prompted to log in.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- See follow-up article Learning from the Legend
Resources contributed in Chat
- Keys to the Kingdom tour
- Creating Magic: 10 common sense leadership strategies from a life at Disney, by Lee Cockerell
- Black Belt Librarians: book/presentation for a resource to help make safety choices that are cost free
- Disney’s service priorities fit on a card
- Anthony Molaro's "The Apple Way for Libraries"
- Trader Joe's customer service ideas
12 December 2012
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
03 May 2016
19 May 2016