Through its Emergency Partners Information Connection (EPIC) Program, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has supplied the following educational resources for public libraries to use. This collection of printable posters, handouts, and graphics is intended to help libraries raise awareness about opioids with members of the community.
- Preventing an Opioid Overdose - tip card
- Prescription Opioids: What you need to know - flyer
- Promoting Safer and More Effective Pain Management - flyer
- Manage Your Pain, Minimize Your Risks - poster
- Pregnancy and Opioids - flyer
- in Spanish El Embarazo Y Los Medicamentos Opioides
- Opioids for Acute Pain: What You Need to Know - flyer
- Opioids for Acute Pain: Get the Facts - infographic
- Prevent Overdose Deaths - graphic
- Opioid Overdoses on the Rise in the U.S. - graphic
- Find Substance Abuse Treatment. If you or someone close to you needs help for a substance use disorder, talk to your doctor or call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP or go to SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator.
- Local Health Centers for substance abuse services
- Buprenorphine Treatment Practitioner Locator
- Opioid Treatment Program Directory by state, providing methadone