Visualizing Funding for Libraries: You've Gathered the Data, Now What?
In this webinar, learn how to generate a viable list of potential funders using the dynamic and freely available data-visualization tool, Visualizing Funding for Libraries.
This event has passed.
In 2017, the Visualizing (and Finding!) Funding for Libraries webinar introduced you to a dynamic and freely available data-visualization tool that enables library professionals and supporters to search for institutional funding for libraries at national, state and local levels. This webinar will re-familiarize you with the tool and then explore how to take the next steps with your data visualizations. Presenters will connect key data findings from the tool to national trends in philanthropic support for libraries. Using the tool to leverage networks and relationships, learn how to generate a viable list of potential funders to research further in order to determine the right fit for your library. You’ll also learn the action steps to take after identifying a funding prospect that will get your proposal to the top of the pile.
Presented by: Kate Tkacik, Director of Network Engagement, the Foundation Center; and Ellen Jacks, Grants and Reference Librarian at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Foundation Center (on Facebook and Twitter)
- Knight News Challenge project profile for Visualizing Funding for Libraries
- 2017 webinar, Visualizing (and Finding!) Funding for Libraries
- Directory of ALA-Accredited and Candidate Programs in Library and Information Studies
- GrantSpace (on Twitter)
- What is fiscal sponsorship? How do I find a fiscal sponsor? (May include local nonprofits, not just your Friends group)
- Introduction To Proposal Writing (Free Webinar)
- How To Cultivate Meaningful Relationships With Funders (Self-paced eLearning)
- How To Start Measuring Your Organization’s Impact (Webinar recording)
14 March 2018
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Webinar presenter Kate Tkacik
Webinar presenter Ellen Jacks
17 December 2019
14 January 2020
22 January 2020
11 February 2020