Visualizing (and Finding!) Funding for Libraries
This webinar introduces libraries to a dynamic and freely available data-visualization tool, Visualizing Funding for Libraries, which helps identify funding opportunities for libraries at national, state, and local levels.
This event has passed.
This webinar will introduce participants to a dynamic and freely available data-visualization tool, Visualizing Funding for Libraries that enables library professionals and supporters to search for institutional funding for libraries at national, state, and local levels. Participants will learn pro tips on navigating the tool and as well as next steps on how to pursue new funding opportunities. Data visualizations such as maps, network constellations, and partnership pathways showcase key networks of funders and recipients, as well as individual grants that highlight the library services and programs that are winning grants. Visualizing Funding for Libraries is a Knight Foundation News Challenge winning project.
Presented by: Kate Tkacik, Manager of the Funding Information Network, and Amanda Dillon, Manager of Knowledge Services, both from the Foundation Center (now Candid).
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Visualizing Funding for Libraries
- Funding Information Network - Foundation Center, now Candid
- Free course now available in WebJunction catalog, Grantseeking for Libraries: Top 10 Practices for Foundation Funding
28 February 2017
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
Webinar presenter Kate Tkacik
Webinar presenter Amanda Dillon