Storytime Underground: A Peer-Created Community
In this webinar, learn about Storytime Underground, a free and open online community for storytime providers everywhere to connect, share, and learn new skills.
This event has passed.
Library practitioners who provide storytimes have a gold mine of ideas to share and questions to ask of each other. Storytime Underground is your online community to connect with peers and enhance your practice. Learn about Storytime University, where you earn digital badges for participating in professional development activities and learning new skills; learn about Guerrilla Storytime and how to host one in your area (spoiler alert: we give you all the tools you need!). Storytime Underground is open and free to anyone interested in storytimes and early literacy, regardless of the level of education or position held. It is created by and for storytime providers everywhere, so join us!
- Cory Eckert, Librarian, Post Oak School, Houston, TX
- Kendra Jones, Children’s Librarian, Tacoma Public Library, WA
- Soraya Silverman, Youth Services Librarian, Summerlin Library, Las Vegas Clark-County Library District, NV
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Storytime Underground
- Shared in Chat
- Storytime Underground is just starting to build some Pinterest boards! https://www.pinterest.com/storytimeu/
- Washington State has Early Learning Regional Coalitions throughout the state. I wonder if Storytime Underground representatives could become members of these coalitions - another way to reach day care providers, rural areas, etc. (Check out https://thrivewa.org/work/community-partnerships-and-initiatives/)
- Hello Friends video on YouTube
- on Story Cubes
- Kendra's Parachute Play with Babies and Toddlers
- Ask a Ninja post about Snacks at storytimes
- Keith's awesome storytime flannels
- Setting storytime expectations advice from Storytime Ninjas
15 September 2015
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
18 December 2018
08 January 2019
23 January 2019