Rural Resources and Funding: The Rural Information Center
This webinar showcases information and resources from the Rural Information Center made available to libraries and other organizations working to maintain the vitality of America's rural communities.
This event has passed.
Established in 1987, by the USDA as a service of the National Agricultural Library, the Rural Information Center (RIC) assists rural communities by providing information and referral services to local, tribal, state, and federal government officials; community organizations; libraries; businesses; and citizens working to maintain the vitality of America's rural areas. RIC provides information and tools to support our nation’s rural communities. Join us for this webinar to learn more about RIC services for rural libraries including connecting to resources for funding, the number one information request handled by the librarians and information specialists who staff the center.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with the Association for Rural and Small Libraries.
Presented by: Mary Louise Reynnells, Technical Information Specialist, USDA, Rural Information Center, Sustainable Systems & Communities Program, National Agricultural Library
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- Read webinar Recap
- Association for Rural and Small Libraries
- Rural Information Center
- National Agricultural Library
- Agricultural Thesaurus and Glossary
- AGRICOLA (NAL Catalog)
- LCA Commons
- Agency Field Libraries
- Information Centers
- Rural America at a Glance, 2016 Edition
- What is Rural?
- Rural Assistance Center
- Community Facilities Loans and Grants for Rural Libraries
- Distance Learning and Telemedicine (DLT) Grant Program
- RIC’s Rural Federal Funding Database
- RIC Calendar
- Rural Development Publications Collection
- Small Farm Funding Resources and video guide to resources
- Mary Louise in her FFA jacket! (soon to be on permanent display at the Smithsonian)
- On ARSL site:
- Mentioned in chat: National Network of Libraries of Medicine Funding Opportunities
10 December 2014
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
22 January 2020
05 February 2020
11 February 2020