Put a Goal on It: WebJunction and Self-Directed Learning
This webinar provides library staff with tools and resources to manage their own learning and a tour of WebJunction's free learning opportunities.
This event has passed.
Get ready to embark on a learning adventure! This session will provide a manageable approach for library staff looking for ways to learn on their own or together with others. We’ll take you on a tour of WebJunction.org and supply you with practical tools and resources to develop and implement a learning plan, which will equip you with the skills needed to navigate through the ever-changing library landscape. You’ll also learn how to access WebJunction’s free, online courses developed by librarians and library staff from around the country. We look forward to sharing all that WebJunction has to offer!
Presented by: WebJunction team members, Kathleen Gesinger, Learning Community Manager; Ahniwa Ferrari, Web Content Manager; and Jennifer Peterson, Community Manager
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View Slides (pdf)
- View Chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Webinars – upcoming and archived
- Best practices for attending a webinar
- Cohort Viewing - view live or archived webinars with others
- Learner Guide example
- Free access to courses and webinar archives (WebJunction and other providers) learn.webjunction.org
- Other webinar providers, monthly calendar
- On Competencies
- On Learning Organizations
- Power Up Your Learning Organization slides and handouts from PLA 2010 presentation
- Libraries=Learning Organizations, an online conference hosted by the Idaho Commission for Libraries
- Society for Organizational Learning, recommended readings
- Peter Senge's approach to learning organizations is nicely summarized here
- Incubate Leadership @ Your Library (webinar archive)
- Is Yours a Learning Organization? toolkit by David A. Garvin, Amy C. Edmondson, and Francesca Gino (Harvard)
- IMLS 21st Century Skills resources
- Self Directed Achievement (Tooele City Library)
12 November 2014
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
26 September 2017
12 October 2017
24 October 2017
30 November 2017
19 December 2017