Managing Library Technology: Keeping All the Balls in the Air
In this webinar learn from a seasoned assistant director, smart practices for managing people, workflows, and technology –all at the same time.
This event has passed.
Managing library technology isn’t just about the technology. It involves fine juggling skills to manage people, workflows, procedures, policies and more―all while prioritizing, delegating and tracking. Just preparing staff effectively for upgrades or changes to technology takes finesse. How does one person do it all? Strong project and time management skills are key. Regardless of your job title, and whether working with a small team or a library-wide technology committee, anyone can learn smart practices to keep everything, and everyone, in motion and on target.
Presented by: John Klima, Assistant Director, Waukesha Public Library (WI), author, editor, and LITA Blogger
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- John's post on LITA Blog
- Trello and 5 open source alternatives to Trello
- Dropbox, and 11 Dropbox Alternatives That Offer WAY More Free Cloud Storage
- Google Drive
- The 20 best tools for online collaboration
- 7 Free Easy-to-Use Online Collaboration Tools – Make Teamwork Simple
- The Top 6 Free Task Management Software
- 10 Task Management Tools to Improve Team Collaboration
- Inbox Zero
- Pride and Process, by Jaym Gates
- Shared in chat
20 October 2016
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
31 March 2020
08 April 2020
29 April 2020