The Future of Online Learning: a changing landscape
Join us as we explore what education innovators are doing to increase engagement through learner-centered discovery, flipped classrooms, and enhanced online learning.
This event has passed.
As a leader in online learning for ten years, WebJunction has watched the practice evolve from the earliest webinars to the latest in social media tools. We know it has enriched lifelong learning opportunities, yet we also know the possibilities are still expanding. Join us as we explore what education innovators are doing to increase engagement through learner-centered discovery, flipped classrooms, and enhanced online learning. Let’s learn from each other in this interactive webinar. Help us map a future for eLearning so WebJunction can better support your lifelong learning journey.
Presented by: Betha Gutsche, WebJunction Program Manager, and Joann Flick, MS Ed., Continuing Education Coordinator, Montana State Library.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Hodgins, W. (2004). The next big thing is getting small (report on presentation at the October 2003 AECT Convention, Anaheim, CA). Tech Trends. Volume 48, Number 1.
- Hodgins, W. Snowflaked Mashups: Future of Learning Content http://www.slideshare.net/WayneH/
- Jonassen David H. & Land, Susan (1999). Theoretical foundations of learning environments. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Montana State Library Vimeo Channel
- Montana Library Learning Portal
- M. David Merrill (2002) First principles of instruction. https://www.indiana.edu/~tedfrick/aect2002/firstprinciplesbymerrill.pdf
- National Research Council (2000). How People Learn; Brain, mind, experience and school. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press.
- Wiley, David A., Ed. (2002). The instructional use of learning objects. Bloomington, IN: Agency for Instructional Technology and Association for Education Communications and Technology.
- Daniel Pink on Motivation: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html
- Dr. John Medina’s Brain Rules: http://brainrules.net/
- Self-Directed Achievement webinar: http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/Self_Directed_Achievement.html
- DragonBox Algebra game ($$): http://dragonboxapp.com/
- Choose your own adventure children’s books: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2011/02/choose_your_own_adventure.html
- Mozilla’s Open Badges project: https://openbadges.org/
- February WebJunction feature by Betha, Running the River of Lifelong Learning
- Badging the Library Part 1: What and Why
- Looking for the Game in Learning
- Shared in Chat:
- Blended Librarianship, a blog exploring the Intersection between Instructional Design, Technology, & Librarianship
- using collaborative sabotage (aka collaboratage) to teach tech/design/research, Char Booth
- “I needed access to the professor" on MOOC experience
- Brett Shelton course on Instructional Games
- P2PU uses badges as awards for courses completed
- Embedded Librarian blog
27 February 2013
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
27 April 2021
04 May 2021
18 May 2021
03 June 2021
08 July 2021
05 August 2021