Developing and Maintaining E-Reader Policies and Procedures for Libraries
Archive and related resources for a webinar presented on January 31, 2012 by David Newyear and Ming Heraty on e-device lending policies and procedures for libraries.
This event has passed.
As debates rage on about e-books, publishers and privacy, how are libraries approaching policies for managing e-readers? Join us for this webinar focused on the nuts and bolts of serving patrons with gadgets, including policies and procedures for libraries lending e-readers and for patrons using their own readers to access library e-book collections. Hear from libraries who have e-reader policies and procedures in place, including how they review and update polices to keep up with changing technologies.
Presenter: David Newyear, manager branch services, Mentor Public Library, Ohio; and Ming Heraty, manager, Reference & Advisory Services, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Illinois.
- View Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (ppt)
- View chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- New Discussion Thread started in WebJunction LinkedIn group
- E-reader Policies and Procedures-Samples from Libraries
- Mentor Public Library
- Arlington Heights Memorial Library
- Shared in chat:
31 January 2012
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]