Helping Rhode Islanders Get Back to Work
The Rhode Island Office of Library & Information Services (OLIS) established a key partnership at the state level with the Department of Labor & Training (DLT) to address workforce needs. Together they determined what each had to offer in terms of resources and services.
Outcomes of the partnership:
- EmployRI: an online resume development and career research tool made available in libraries
- OLIS makes AskRI databases available at NetworkRI One Stop Career Centers
- Learning Express: test prep and tutorials
- ReferenceUSA: US Businesses
- DLT Trainers run sessions for librarians
- DLT hold sessions at libraries
When the floods hit, the DLT scheduled sessions at libraries to inform residents about resources for flood victims.
This work is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License