Building awareness of library services and economic impact
Last Modified: 21 March 2012
- How Libraries Stack Up: 2010: Updated report from OCLC with statistics of the impact of libraries in the US
- Libraries and Tough Times in the News: Examples of where The media take note of the vital role played by libraries in tough times.
- Twitter: see #libs4jobs for ongoing stories of libraries providing essential services to the workforce
- State-specific approaches:
- Big Hairy Audacious Goal: A blog for this Colorado Public Library Advocacy Initiative
- New Jersey Libraries Transform Lives: New Jersey State Library's initiative creates awareness and support community needs in economic tough times.
Impact of economic downturn on libraries
- Opportunity for All: How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries
- Impact Studies and Reports: Surveys and studies that assess the impact of the economic downturn on libraries.
- Hard Times in Washington Libraries: How Washington libraries have responded to needs when usage is up and budgets are down.
- Helping Washington Libraries in Hard Times:Archive and associated resources for February 2010 webinar session with Jennifer Fenton, Kirsten Furl and Ahniwa Ferrari.
This work is licensed under a  Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License