Learning Opportunities for the Minnesota Library Community:
·For Minnesota-sponsored events, live and online, visit the WebJunction Minnesota Learning page, the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits Event Calendar, and the Minitex Event Calendar. Many library systems and associations also offer event listings.
·For free, online, self-paced courses, sign in on the WebJunction Courses page; or, Request WebJunction Course Access to obtain an account, and then select from the course catalog. Without signing in, anyone can glance at the course catalog preview. Course providers include Skillsoft, Element K, and Library U.
·For advance registration in free WebJunction webinars, view the “Upcoming Webinars” feed on http://www.webjunction.org/partners/minnesota.html. (See lower right.)
·For free webinars offered during the current month by various providers, visit, http://www.webjunction.org/find-training/free-events.html. For lists of past “Free Library Webinars”, from providers across the country, visit this search link at BlogJunction Minnesota, http://webjunctionworks.org/mn/blog/?s=webinars.
Please submit additions and changes to maryann dot vancura at state dot mn dot us.
- Data Tools for Visualization & Insight (SLA-MN) (St. Paul) - May 3
- MALL 2013 Spring Conference (St. Paul) - May 3
- MILE 2013: Everyone a Leader (Breezy Point, MN) - May 14-17
- 21st Enhancing Quality Staff Symposium (UMN, St. Paul) - May 21
- Minnesota Digital Library Annual Meeting (UMN, St. Paul) - June 4
- Lake Superior Libraries Symposium 2013: Libraries by Design (Superior, WI) - June 7
- Gifted & Talented Education Symposium (Austin) - June 10-13
- St. Cloud Children's Literature Workshop (St. Cloud) - June 17-18
- Minnesota 1:1 Learning Summit (St. Paul) - June 21
- MN eLearning Summit (St. Paul) – July 29-30
- 2013 Branch Out Conference, “Empowering Library Staff with Technology and Customer Service Tools” (Rush Creek Golf Club, Maple Grove, MN) – 7/31 to 8/1
- MEMO Leadership Development Conference (St. Paul) – August 16
- Minnesota Library Association Annual Conference (St. Cloud) – Oct 10-11, 2013
- MEMO Fall Conference (St. Cloud) – Oct 3-5, 2013
Most Recently Added
News / Last Modified: 10 May 2012
Document / Last Modified: 16 February 2012
Report of a 2004 survey of the training needs of private and public school media staff members throughout Minnesota. Funded through a federal Library Services & Technology Act Grant (LSTA) and coordinated by the Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange.