Indiana Librarian Leadership Academy
Deadline for applications is Sunday, May 12, 2013.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES
To successfully complete this Leadership Academy, you must:
- Attend two (2) in-person, intensive, multi-day workshops, in July 2013 and May 2014;
- Participate in the virtual community of cohorts, including some online meetings and collaboration on documents;
- Complete five (5) required online courses;
- Attend at least one (1) additional workshop or conference, of your choice;
- Complete a capstone project which will be determined as part of the program; and
- Commit to a minimum of three (3) years of participation in the program, moving from student (year one), to mentor and speaker (year two and three).
To apply for the Leadership Academy, you will need
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. If you are currently employed, one letter must come from your employer;
- Ability to travel within the state of Indiana, to include some overnight and weekend stays;
- High speed Internet connection available during the days and times of the webinars and online meetings (most often, M-F, 8 – 4:30); and
- Access to Google Docs or PBwiki
- All three (3) letters of recommendation must be received by Emily Schaber at the Indiana State Library, Professional Development Office, 140 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 or PDO@library.in.gov no later than Sunday, May 12, 2013.
Additional Print Resources (Recommended)
- The Atlas of New Librarianship by David Lankes
- The Truth about Leadership: The No-fads, Heart-of-the-Matter Facts You Need to Know by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
- The Challenge of Library Management: Leading With Emotional Engagement by Wyoma vanDuinkerken and Pixey Anne Moseley
- WebJunction Indiana