Public Libraries are Making a Difference!
Public libraries are important to the communities they serve. Illinois libraries are making a difference by encouraging digital literacy, providing a myriad of community services, and offering diverse collections. Webjunction Illinois strives to support public librarians statewide by providing useful resources and continuing education opportunities!
Looking for statistical information for grant applications or presentations? Learn about the Illinois Public Library Annual Report (IPLAR).
- Dealing with Angry Patrons
- Communicating Across Cultures
- First Time Manager: Understanding a Manager's Role
- Introduction to Cataloging for Non-Catalogers
- Microsoft Office Basics
634 Public Libraries, 82 million patron visits, you do the math!
- More than 82 million patrons visit Illinois public libraries annually.
- Illinois library patrons use public internet computers over 17 million times per year.
- Over 2.5 million children attended programs in Illinois libraries and over 43 million children's materials were circulated in 2009.
- Illinois reference librarians answer over 14 million questions each year.
Most Recently Added
Document / Last Modified: 26 March 2013
A list of important days, dates, and deadlines for Illinois public libraries.
News / Last Modified: 08 March 2013
Congratulations to Aurora Public Library, which this week received the first award under ISL's new Public Library Construction Act grant program.
News / Last Modified: 01 March 2013
The iMapLibraries Project is requesting your help to verify library locations.
News / Last Modified: 19 February 2013
The LSSC Program is proud to announce that, in cooperation with nine state-level library organizations, it will be offering Enrollment Assistance Awards this spring to library support staff applying for certification in the LSSC Program.
News / Last Modified: 12 February 2013
Applications are now being accepted for FY2014 Illinois State Library Public Library Construction Act Grants.