Administrative Ready Reference
Items of Interest
- Public Library Days and Dates to Remember: 2013 - 2014
- P.A. 96-1473, going into effect 1/1/11, makes three changes in the Open Meetings Act:
(1) It requires that meeting minutes must be approved within 30 days OR the second subsequent meeting of the group, whichever is later;
(2) Once approved, open session meeting minutes must be available within 10 days (currently 7 days); AND
(3) It requires a public comment period for all board meetings i.e. mandates an opportunity for the public to speak at each meeting, according to the rules, if any, of the public body. [See Model Rules herein]
- Safe Harbor: Polices and Procedures for a Safe Library, Alliance Library System's Safe Harbor Taskforce (moved from ALS' website 5/18/2010)
- The Public Funds Statement Publication, a/k/a The Annual Report of Receipts and Disbursements, by Phillip Lenzini (added 11/21/09) - [include sample form]
A PDF Table of Contents and Introduction is available for printing. Also, if you would like to print sections of the web pages, without the additional WebJunction Illinois context, you can follow these procedures:
- In Netscape, right-click within the Keeping the Public Informed: Administrative Ready Reference frame below. Choose "This Frame" - "Print Frame"
- In IE or Netscape, load the frameset in another browser window and navigate to the sections and print the content/files as desired.