Welcome to the New Webjunction Georgia!
After several months of planning and migrating content, the new Webjunction Georgia portal is ready to go. The updated site contains multiple improvements to the end-user interface, which result in a streamlined experience. You should find it easier to surface content; manage your learning; and engage with others in our community.
As the main hub for all things continuing education related at Georgia Public Library Service, you'll find:
- important information relating to featured CE events
- regular updates on what's hot in the world of training and CE
- access to our CE calendar
- information about live workshops we can bring to your library
- handouts and resources from workshops and webinars
- areas for you to share content and participate in discussions
Not a Member? Come Join Us!
If you don't already have a Webjunction Georgia account, signing up is easy and only takes a minute. To be eligible for an account, you must be an employee of a public, academic, or school library in the state; an employee of GALILEO; a trustee of any Georgia library or Georgia library system; or a library science student at Valdosta State University.
Start exploring the new Webjunction Georgia site today, and be sure to come back regularly. We feel confident that you'll like what you see.
May 9, 2012 Content Update
Several support-related questions have begun to trickle in since the migration. Here are answers to the top three most frequently asked questions. Please email email@example.com if more issues arise.
- WJ Courses Login issues – all active learners who were migrated to the upgraded learning system had their password reset. The temporary password is WebJunction (note the capital W and J). Many learners are trying to input their old password and receive an error message. A reminder that members who have not yet logged in with their new generic password (and thus haven’t yet created a new secure password) will... Read more
April 25, 2012 Content Update
Five new Mac courses are available in the Course Catalog and two intriguing webinars are on deck for May.
We have added two new course on the Mac OS X operating system – listed under Operating Systems>Mac OS X:
- Getting Started with Mac OS X for End Users
- Getting organized with Mac OS X Lion
There are also three new courses on using the Safari web browser – listed under Other Applications>Safari:
- Getting Started with Safari
- Up and Running with Safari 5.1
- Sharing Content and Browsing the Web Privately and Securely using Safari
May Webinars:... Read more
Roma Die Uno Non Aedificata Est
You'll have to pardon my rusty Latin, but I believe (and hope!) that I'm saying, "Rome was not built in a day," which is an apropos idiom for the rollout of our improved Webjunction Georgia site. After several months of planning and migrating content, our new portal is ready to go. As the main hub for all things continuing education-related at Georgia Public Library Service, you'll find..
09 July 2013
Libraries, Children and Families: new research and policy recommendations on role of libraries in early reading
A webinar discussing recent Pew research and an IMLS policy report focused on the role and impact of libraries on the lives of early reading development.
17 July 2013
This webinar will cover how to create, administer, moderate, and leverage your library’s online presence using popular social media tools.
23 July 2013
A practical webinar looking at a variety of ways libraries can increase their impact and reach in their communities using mobile technology, social networking, and integration with the consumer services users already use.
08 August 2013
This webinar showcases Howard County Library System’s HiTech Digital Media Lab, where teens develop 21st century skills through hands-on projects and peer-to-peer communications.
29 August 2013
A webinar providing library marketing strategies that build awareness, grow your audience, and establish your library as an authoritative source and a definitive provider of services for the community.