Ready, Set, Learn! Supercharged Storytimes Orientation Archive Now Available
Once upon a time, there was an amazing group of over 500 public library staff who participated in the Supercharged Storytimes online orientation pilot. As a result of their dedication, enthusiasm, and expertise, the Supercharged Storytimes project team compiled engaging resources to support public libraries as they provide early literacy leadership in their communities.
First came the Supercharged Library, a collection of practitioner-recommended books, activities, parent engagement strategies, and other ideas to enrich storytime practice. Now, we are pleased to announce the availability of the Supercharged Storytimes orientation archive, which is available as a free course in the WebJunction Course Catalog. Read on to learn more about accessing this archived content, and learning happily ever after.
About the Supercharged Storytimes Orientation Archive
- Learn more about the Supercharged Storytimes online orientation pilot, originally offered to more than 500 library staff members in six states in 2015;
- Access archived orientation webinars and resources, and share thoughts with other course enrollees in discussion forums;
- Learn how to incorporate research-based early literacy concepts into storytimes;
- Recognize the role early literacy plays in early childhood development; and
- Gain insight for articulating the relevance of storytimes to parents, caregivers, and other library stakeholders.
There are five modules within the course, each with a 1-hour webinar archive recording and supporting materials. Participants who complete all 5 webinar archives will be eligible for a Certificate of Completion for 5 hours. While the full orientation archive is provided as a self-directed learning experience, participants are definitely encouraged to invite and engage their peers in this space! Questions? Contact Supercharged Storytimes Project Coordinator Liz Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the WebJunction Course Catalog
The WebJunction Course Catalog provides free access to library-focused self-paced courses and webinar archives. Through the generous support of OCLC, the Gates Foundation and many state library agencies across the United States, WebJunction continues to provide timely and relevant learning content for library learners to access anytime, from anywhere.