Many libraries are considering how to approach local needs and these updates aim to help library staff connect patrons to available resources and community experts that can provide assistance. Read on for resources regarding the Affordable Care Act specific to your state, including information on other organizations working to support outreach and enrollment.
Please feel free to share this update with other community partners that might be interested.
State-Specific ACA Information
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides interactive maps that include state-level detail regarding a number of Affordable Care Act components:
- The Outreach and Enrollment Assistance map details health centers that have been awarded funding in each state to support ACA outreach and enrollment.
- The State by State map provides information on how the ACA is intended to address state-specific healthcare and coverage needs.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has announced the Navigator organizations that have been selected to serve in 34 states utilizing Federally-facilitated or State Partnership Marketplaces as part of the Affordable Care Act. Navigators will serve as an in-person resource for Americans who want additional assistance in shopping for and enrolling in plans in the Health Insurance Marketplace this fall. If you are in a state utilizing a Federally-facilitated or State Partnership Marketplace, you can identify the Navigator organizations in your state here.
- Details regarding additional types of enrollment support envisioned as part of the ACA are available here.
- If you are in a state that is operating a State-based Marketplace, you may be able to learn more about local enrollment support or resources that are specific to your state by visiting your state marketplace website.
- Unsure what type of marketplace is operating in your state? Visit the Get State Information page on HealthCare.gov to determine your state’s approach and access the most relevant source for local marketplace information.
We will continue to provide information as it becomes available, and invite you to join the email list on our Get Involved page as well.