The Online Learner: Sinking or Swimming?
A webinar in collaboration with ALA's Learning Round Table focused on putting the "learner at the center" of continuing education and training.
This event has passed.
The "learner at the center" has become a core strategy in education and training. Strategies like flipped classrooms, MOOCs, or peer collaborations are all part of a trend toward very personalized learning—"me-learning." These trends increasingly emphasize online learning environments that are learner-initiated, learner activated, and learner-constructed. How can individuals prepare to own their own learning and how can administrators help them stay afloat? Presenters from WebJunction and Learning Round Table will share their discoveries about the future of learning and strategies for supporting and empowering the learner.
This webinar is hosted in collaboration with ALA's Learning Round Table.
Presented by: Maurice Coleman, Technical Trainer, Harford County Public Library (MD), and Betha Gutsche, Program Manager, WebJunction.
Tweet: #wjwebinar @ALALearning
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (You will be prompted to log in.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Read webinar recap
- Learner Guide (use alone or with others to extend your learning)
- On WebJunction, Create & Deliver Training and Resources for Learners
- Learning Round Table:
- Self-Directed Achievement: if you give library staff an hour (webinar)
- A Happy Hour for Library Staff Learning - how staff at the Morrison Regional branch of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library implemented SDA
- Shared in Chat
- Personal Kanban to help stay in order
- From U of M: Participant Guide One-Hour-A-Week Staff
Learning & Development Pilot
- Competency Index for the Library Field 2014
- Staff Competencies: The Ephrata (PA) Public Library Story
- Stanford University has resource online, with tools for supervisors on managing staff performance, including a template for IDPs.
03 April 2014
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
24 August 2016
15 September 2016
20 September 2016