Serving Job Seekers: Library and Workforce System Partnerships That Work
In this webinar, learn how innovative partnerships between state and local libraries and their workforce systems can amplify services to meet community employment needs.
This event has passed.
Innovative partnerships between state and local libraries and their workforce systems can amplify services to meet community employment needs, including the needs of businesses, veterans, Spanish-language speakers and other sectors. Presenters representing both workforce agencies and libraries will share their hands-on experiences with initiating and sustaining partnerships. Learn about additional public-private partnerships and how you can achieve similar results in your community. Come prepared to share your own experiences of collaborating with the local workforce system to serve the employment needs of your community.
This webinar is part of an ongoing collaboration with WebJunction, the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration (DOL/ETA) and the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Michael Harding, Workforce Analyst, Employment and Training Administration, US Department of Labor
- Steve Olson, Regional Director Job Service Operations Bureau, Montana Dept. of Labor & Industry
- Aubrey B. Carroll, Information Services Manager, Florence County Library System, which was recognized as South Carolina’s Outstanding Workforce Partner
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4jobs
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Read webinar recap
- On WebJunction, Workforce Services
- Department of Labor Resources
- Electronic Tools Guide, complete overview of DOL/ETA online resources
- For Veterans
- For Businesses
- For Spanish-language speakers
- Job Search, Training, and Career Tools for Mobile
- Career Resources for Young People
- Healthcare Virtual Career Network
- America’s Service Locator
- mySkills myFuture
- O*NET Online
- My Next Move
- Pierce County Library System Job + Business Center
- Library.Next www.mtlibrarynext.org
- On WebJunction-Montana, Employment Resources and Training, including webinars and slides for training patrons.
- Sidney Job Service page, example of MT State Workforce Services
- Florence County Library System, recognized as South Carolina’s Outstanding Workforce Partner
- Shared in Chat:
- http://www.gcflearnfree.org/ and the WebJunction feature on their resources
- Insource@chpl, Job search resources for patrons & friends of the Cherry Hill Public Library
- Find your local Workforce Investment Board by visiting http://www.servicelocator.org/contactspartners.asp and entering your state name.
- More on MELSA Jobs and Small Business Task Force, including webinars
06 November 2013
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time [UTC -5]
04 December 2013
10 December 2013
12 December 2013
15 January 2014
04 February 2014