Health Happens in Libraries: Supporting Patron Information Needs
In this November 26 webinar we'll hear from library representatives about the types of information requests they have received in the first several weeks of open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act, and what they have learned in responding.
This event has passed.
The Health Insurance Marketplace associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) opened on October 1. Many libraries are implementing community-based strategies to address this new information need, while continuing to grow their own knowledge about the requirements of the law. Please join us for this session to hear from library representatives about the types of information requests they have received in the first several weeks of open enrollment, and what they have learned in responding. ACA experts will also be on hand to share key policy updates and answer questions during the live Q&A portion of the webinar.
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Lynne G. Johnson, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Debbie Rzepczynski, Lake County Public Library
- Jennifer Keohane, Connecticut Library Consortium
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4health
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- WebJunction's Health Happens in Libraries section
- HealthCare.gov and Health Insurance Blog
- Your feedback is important! email@example.com
- In-Person Assistance in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- National Marketplace Help Center: 1-800-318-2596
- What is the Marketplace in my state?
- Identify local enrollment support
- Estimating costs and savings and How much will it cost?
- Protect Yourself from Fraud in the Health Insurance
- CMS Health Insurance Marketplace, resources for partners including:
- Lake County Public Library
- Connecticut Library Consortium
- Connecticut Library Consortium’s ACA resources: http://bit.ly/CLC-ACA
- Universal Healthcare Foundation of Connecticut - Although this is a Connecticut based organization, we suggest you find a similar group in your state to partner with for identifying resources and speakers.
- Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare - An award-winning documentary film about health care. Beginning in late winter 2014, Connecticut libraries will be hosting film/discussion programs in order to bring the discussion about healthcare to a local level and to stimulate community dialog and action. (The public performance version must be purchased from the distributor.)
- Librarians, used to queries, gear up for Obamacare questions, September 23, 2013 article in The CT Mirror
- ALA and Harwood Institute project, Libraries Transforming Communinties
- Shared in Chat:
- The State Library in South Carolina had a webinar in September and created a libguide at http://statelibrary.sc.libguides.com/aca
- A booklet recommended by attendee to share with patrons who want to know more about health insurance in general http://iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/PublicHealth/HealthLiteracy/Background%20Documents/LetsAsk4ConsumerGuidehighres.pdf
- Maine resources http://www.maine.gov/msl/digital/health/index.shtml and http://www.maine.gov/msl/digital/health/libs.htm
- NNLM: http://nnlm.gov/
- Subject Guide created for patrons in Erie County NY http://becplsubjectguides.pbworks.com/w/page/68707976/Health%20Insurance%20Marketplace
- Resource for finding who is uninsured in your area: http://www.enrollamerica.org/state-maps-and-info/state-profiles/
Sign up for project updates at WebJunction.org via Get Involved.
For more information, please visit the project Resources page.
26 November 2013
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
11 August 2016
24 August 2016
15 September 2016
20 September 2016