E-rate: What’s New for 2016?
This webinar will cover the basics of the E-rate program and include orientation to the new E-Rate Productivity Center and the application process.
This event has passed.
There are big changes on the E-rate horizon! E-rate is an important federal program to many libraries that provides discounts to assist schools and public libraries in the United States to obtain affordable Internet access and connections. Join us to learn about the new E-Rate Productivity Center (EPC), and new ways to file forms, track application status and communicate with the FCC. Whether you have participated in E-rate in the past, or are looking to apply for the first time, you will want to know about these changes.
This workshop will cover the basics of the E-rate program and demonstrate how to access and use your EPC account to submit your Funding Year 2016 E-rate application. Get the information you need to be successful in your application.
Presented by: Christa Burns, E-rate Coordinator for Libraries, Library Development Consultant, Nebraska Library Commission
Note: This is a 90 minute session.
Archive viewing options:
- View Archive (You will be prompted to login to our free catalog)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Universal Service Fund (USF), Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) E-rate
- Urban/Rural Status Lookup Tool: https://sltools.universalservice.org/portal-external/urbanRuralLookup/
- Eligible Services List: http://www.usac.org/sl/applicants/beforeyoubegin/eligible-services-list.aspx
- CIPA requirements: http://www.usac.org/sl/applicants/step05/cipa.aspx
- E-rate Productivity Center: http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/e-rate-productivity-center/default.aspx
- FCC Registration Number info: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
- For Direct Deposit
- Getting help from SLD Client Service Bureau (CSB) 1-888-203-8100 or http://www.slforms.universalservice.org/EMailResponse/EMail_Intro.aspx
- E-rate News Briefs: http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news/default.aspx
- Application Process: http://www.usac.org/sl/about/getting-started/process-overview.aspx
- E-rate Central: http://e-ratecentral.com/default.asp
- Funds for Learning: https://www.fundsforlearning.com/
- E-Rate State Library Coordinators
- E-rate Discounts for Nebraska's Public Libraries http://nlc.nebraska.gov/erate/
29 October 2015
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
11 August 2016
24 August 2016
20 September 2016