Winning Library Grants
Archive and associated resources for May 4, 2011 webinar with Stephanie Gerding on process and resources for winning library grants.
This event has passed.
Wondering how to get started writing grants for your library? Grants can support the changing needs in your community while your library budget is flat or shrinking. This grant webinar will be easy to understand, motivating, fun, and full of valuable tips. Learn how to quickly locate grant opportunities, find out what funders are looking for in a successful grant proposal, and discover real library grant success techniques from librarians just like you. Practical advice, easy grants for beginners, partnership ideas, and valuable resource lists will be shared. You’ll be excited, motivated, and ready to win grants for your library!
Presented by: Stephanie Gerding, nationally known library consultant, trainer, and author on grants, training, and technology topics.
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Project Planning Worksheet
- Library Grants Blog, for grant opportunities
- See also Budgets and Funding links
- Winning Grants: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians with Multimedia Tutorials and Grant Development Tools, published by Neal-Schuman in 2010
- JoCo History
- Turning The Page: facilitated online course, library staff and supporters learn how to create and tell their library's story, deliver effective presentations, develop a compelling case for support, and build and sustain partnerships along the way.
- Opportunity for All: How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries and Public Library Toolbox
- ALA Frontline Fundraising Toolkit
04 May 2011
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]