Community Content Creation: How to Support Local Knowledge Sharing
A webinar exploring LibraryYOU, a project encouraging community members to share their knowledge and learn how to communicate through digital media formats.
This event has passed.
Learn how the Escondido Public Library partnered with local experts to create digital content for the library’s collection. Funded by an LSTA grant, the LibraryYOU project consists of a digital media studio, a website, and public training classes encouraging community members to share their knowledge and learn how to communicate through digital media formats. LibraryYOU helps strengthen connections with local businesses, establishing the library as a technology leader in the community.
This webinar covers how Escondido set up LibraryYOU and how other libraries, large and small, can set up similar community content creation projects.
Presented by: Donna Feddern, Digital Services Manager, Escondido Public Library.
- View Recording (You will be prompted to login to our free Course Catalog.)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
What is LibraryYOU?
- LibraryYOU project
- Escondido Facebook page
- LibraryYOU Release Form
- Pop Up Podcast, using LibraryYOU audio recording equipment to record off-site (pop up) podcasts with local teens
Libraries with Digital Media Labs/Projects
- YOUmedia Chicago Teen learning center at the Chicago Public Library filled with books, computers, and digital media tools.
- Skokie Public Library Digital Media Lab Stocked with digital media equipment so that patrons may “creatively express themselves.”
Video/Audio Editing Software and Storage Services
- Content Management System: Mojo Portal
- Omeka, website for digital archives
- Libsyn http://libsyn.com (for hosting podcasts online)
- Audacity Free software for recording and editing software.
- Adobe Audition Adobe’s software for recording and editing software.
- Libsyn Podcast hosting service.
- Vimeo Video hosting service.
- iTunes U
- IMLS Learning Labs in Libraries and Museums
- LibraryYOU records in the catalog The list of all our LibraryYOU videos & podcasts in our catalog.
- My Escondido Kitchen The cooking blog created by one of our LibraryYOU contributors.
Shared in Chat
- May 6, 2013 News: Google Set to Unveil Subscriptions for Specialist YouTube Videos (CNBC)
- Good resource for public domain video: http://archive.org/details/movies and openculture.com
- Pew Internet > Libraries and recent webinar How Libraries can meet the Evolving Needs of Patrons in the Digital Age
07 May 2013
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
06 December 2016
11 January 2017
26 January 2017
07 March 2017