Libraries & Health Insurance: Preparing for October 1
This July 26 webinar provides information about plans to provide library staff with online resources to respond to increased patron information needs related to the Affordable Care Act.
This event has passed.
For many Americans, libraries are the “go to” places for consumer health information. Open enrollment for the new Health Insurance Marketplace begins on October 1 and libraries will likely see local demand for information. IMLS is working together with the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare and with WebJunction and ZeroDivide to provide library staff with the online resources and community contacts they will need to respond to questions about the Marketplace. Please join us to learn more about how your library can increase awareness and involvement around these needs.
This webinar will present the similar information to what was covered during a session at the American Library Association annual conference in June, as well as newly available details.
Sign up now to receive updates on this project.
- Jackie Garner, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Ruth Holst, National Network of Library of Medicine, Greater Midwest Regional Medical Library
- Kendra Morgan, WebJunction
Start time: 12:00 Eastern / 9:00 Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4health
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides)
- View YouTube live stream (recording of full archive)
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls)
- View captions (txt)
- See webinar recap, Preparing Libraries for the Affordable Care Act
- WebJunction's eHealth section
- Opportunity for All: How Library Policies and Practices Impact Public Internet Access
- HealthCare.gov (also in Spanish) including What is the Marketplace in my state?
- National Marketplace Toll-Free Call Center: 1-800-318-2596
- Measuring Health Insurance Literacy: A Call to Action Washington
- MedlinePlus including Health Insurance
- Rural Assistance Center including Health Reform
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Additional webinars to explore (from other providers):
- Shared in chat:
- Massachusetts Health Connector
- Consumer Reports free guides to health care reform and Medicare
- For professional learning about the Marketplace http://marketplace.cms.gov/
- Libguide from NNLM http://guides.nnlm.gov/psr/aca
- From NNLM SRC http://nnlm.gov/scr/outreach/aca.html
- Brochure on Marketplace (to share with patrons, from CMS)
For more information, please visit the project FAQ page.
26 July 2013
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
24 September 2014
14 October 2014
21 October 2014
04 November 2014