The Future of Online Learning: a changing landscape
Join us as we explore what education innovators are doing to increase engagement through learner-centered discovery, flipped classrooms, and enhanced online learning.
This event has passed.
As a leader in online learning for ten years, WebJunction has watched the practice evolve from the earliest webinars to the latest in social media tools. We know it has enriched lifelong learning opportunities, yet we also know the possibilities are still expanding. Join us as we explore what education innovators are doing to increase engagement through learner-centered discovery, flipped classrooms, and enhanced online learning. Let’s learn from each other in this interactive webinar. Help us map a future for elearning so WebJunction can better support your lifelong learning journey.
Presented by: Betha Gutsche, WebJunction Program Manager, and Joann Flick, MS Ed., Continuing Education Coordinator, Montana State Library.
Archive viewing options:
- Learner Guide
- Hodgins, W. (2004). The next big thing is getting small (report on presentation at the October 2003 AECT Convention, Anaheim, CA). Tech Trends. Volume 48, Number 1.
- Hodgins, W. Snowflaked Mashups: Future of Learning Content http://www.slideshare.net/WayneH/
- Jonassen David H. & Land, Susan (1999). Theoretical foundations of learning environments. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Montana State Library Vimeo Channel
- Montana Library Learning Portal
- Missoula's WOW (web on wheels)
- M. David Merrill (2002) First principles of instruction. https://www.indiana.edu/~tedfrick/aect2002/firstprinciplesbymerrill.pdf
- National Research Council (2000). How People Learn; Brain, mind, experience and school. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press.
- Wiley, David A., Ed. (2002). The instructional use of learning objects. Bloomington, IN: Agency for Instructional Technology and Association for Education Communications and Technology.
- Daniel Pink on Motivation: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html
- Dr. John Medina’s Brain Rules: http://brainrules.net/
- Flipped classroom: http://www.thedailyriff.com/articles/how-the-flipped-classroom-is-radically-transforming-learning-536.php
- Self-Directed Achievement webinar: http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/Self_Directed_Achievement.html
- Games, Learning and new media: http://www.thedailydogooder.com/2013/02/09/games-learning-and-new-media/
- DragonBox Algebra game ($$): http://dragonboxapp.com/
- Choose your own adventure children’s books: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2011/02/choose_your_own_adventure.html
- Mozilla’s Open Badges project: http://openbadges.org/en-US/
- February WebJunction feature by Betha, Running the River of Lifelong Learning
- Badging the Library Part 1: What and Why
- Looking for the Game in Learning
- Shared in Chat:
- Blended Librarianship, a blog exploring the Intersection between Instructional Design, Technology, & Librarianship
- using collaborative sabotage (aka collaboratage) to teach tech/design/research, Char Booth
- “I needed access to the professor" on MOOC experience
- upcoming conference - 14TH Annual Event for Online Learning Trends and Best Practices http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/2/prweb10450347.htm
- Brett Shelton course on Instructional Games
- The Game of Books
- P2PU uses badges as awards for courses completed
- Embedded Librarian blog
- In American Libraries, Community Reference: Making Libraries Indispensable in a New Way [Embedded librarians showcase skills and resources in unique community partnerships]
- Deborah Nolan presentation on embedded librarianship in Distance Learning, ACRL
27 February 2013
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]
07 July 2016
19 July 2016
11 August 2016