Freedom Rings in Philadelphia: community technology adoption
A webinar with the Freedom Rings Partnership, bringing Internet access, computer assistance and digital opportunities to Philadelphians with the least access to broadband.
This event has passed.
The Freedom Rings Partnership is a digital inclusion initiative funded by Federal stimulus monies. We are bringing Internet access, computer assistance and digital opportunities to Philadelphians with the least access to broadband. Comprised of a coalition of grassroots organizations, government, and universities, we proudly count People’s Emergency Center and the Free Library of Philadelphia as Managing Partners in this city-wide effort. Extending beyond the library and traditional organizational walls, our public-computing centers—KEYSPOTS—are located in community organizations that have the trust of their constituents; technology access is a complimentary asset to their diverse missions. Learn how to develop sustainable partnerships and adapt this model to meet your community technology adoption needs.
Presented by: Jennifer Donsky, Public Services Technology Library Coordinator, The Free Library of Philadelphia; and Lorelei Shingledecker, Program Manager, Broadband Technology Opportunities Program at People's Emergency Center
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Archive viewing options:
- WebJunction Case Study: Freedom Rings in Philadelphia
- More on Digital Inclusion
- phillyKEYSPOTS.org and on twitter @PhillyKEYSPOTS
- Technology Learning Collaborative tlcphilly.org
- Resource Dashboard hotspots.freelibrary.wikispaces.net
- Video: Philly KEYSPOTS: The Internet. Turn it on. http://vimeo.com/41526154
- Tech Training for Libraries from Colorado State Library
- Impact stories showcased on Free Library of Philadelphia site (left rail under "Impact of your Gift"
- GIS Day
- More on HOMAGO (Hanging Out/Messing Around/Geeking Out):
25 October 2012
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
14 October 2014
21 October 2014
29 October 2014
04 November 2014